Thursday, May 26, 2016

In the Eyes of my Niece

One fine afternoon, in the middle of my one month medical leave, I was collating my son's pictures to make album. My niece, Arwen, came to holding a paper fold into 4.  It was showing a drawing of me, my husband, baby zach, and herself. I smiled, kiss her, and say thank you.
She go out of my room then came back with another piece of paper. I asked her what does her drawing says, she said it was me during the time I was in the hospital and the two kids on the side is arwen and zach. I was getting teary already because all this time she's been very observant of what was done to me. She even drew a shower and a pool with a big X to specify that I was not allowed to take a bath. She used to be there when I was guided to the bathroom then.
This time, after she went out of the room, my tears fell. Then she came in again with another drawing. There was a bed-like salbabida.  I was sitting there floating in the pool. At the back of the paper are money drawings. She told me she would buy me one so my wound won't get hurt. Then the more tears fall from my eyes. I hug her tight.
Then another piece of paper with a drawing of me in tears and her handling her heart to me.
It was a simple gesture from a 6 yr old chile who truly touched my heart deeply.


No comments:

Post a Comment